Crab Rangoons are a favorite in this house, and for a while we were buying the frozen versions of them or getting them in restaurants only. With the season of Lent in full swing, Stacy began craving crab meat and other seafood, unfortunately this has also been paired with our efforts to loose weight. Therefore the original recipe and its frozen counterpart were out of the question. Fortunately we found a different recipe from the site, Hungry-Girl. However it could not be worthy of this blog if we didn't at least make some alterations.
Non-Fat Greek yogurt has changed our lives. All thanks to an earlier recipe where Davie switched it from sour cream.
As per the directions we used the Laughing Cow light cheese however any light spreadable cheese of the same amount.
1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (At room temperature)
2 (21g) wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese. (At room temperature)
4 oz of crab meat flaked or chopped
1 tsp of soy sauce lite
1/2 tsp of chopped garlic
1/8 tsp nutmeg
16 won ton wrappers
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
1. Mix the Yogurt, Cheese, Crab Meat, Soy Sauce, Garlic, and Nutmeg in a bowl until all combined.
2. Take a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil then spray it down with non-stick spray.
3. Place a won ton wrapper in a diamond shape and place 1/2 tablespoon of the Crab filling in the center. Wet two edges of the top corner then take the bottom corner and fold it to the top. Press the edges until you get a secure seal with no filling falling out and it is the shape of a triangle. Place in the pan.
4. Spray the top of the won tons with non stick spray.
5. Place in the oven for 6-7 min. Then flip them over and cook for another 6-7 min until golden brown.
6. Enjoy with your favorite sauce.