Found from Allrecipies.com’s Potato, Broccoli, and Cheddar soup but with significantly less cheese in it. You can also add more veggies or to this soup if you want: Squash, Zucchini, Spinach, etc…
2 cups chopped onion
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed potatoes
5 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup fresh broccoli chopped and steamed
1 cup fresh carrots chopped and steamed
salt and pepper to taste
1 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (or ½ mozzarella and ½ cheddar)
1 1-2 tsp garlic powder
-1-2 tsp salt
-1-2 tsp pepper
-1-2 tsp paprika
1. In a large stock pot sauté onion in oil. Add potatoes, and stock. Cover, bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Cook broccoli and carrots together in a steamer or steamer basket. Once cooked add to soup.
3. In a blender or food processor puree the soup in batches until all blended well. If you have an Immersion or stick blender that is better!
4. Season with salt, garlic, pepper, paprika to liking.
5. Add cheese and heat soup through until cheese is melted. Serve warm.