This recipe was found from the Tasting Table and was followed to the "T" however the hot chocolate mix, was also mixed with a tsp of Chili to spice it up. Also we used dark dutch process cocoa because we like a darker taste.
On and important note you can not eat this cake cold it must be warm to hot otherwise there is no point.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark Dutch-process cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
1/4 cup spicy hot-chocolate mix
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup butter milk (if you don't have it then just use one tbl white vinegar and one cup of milk. Let stand for 10 min before adding)
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup extra- virgin olive oil
1 cup coffee, at room temperature
2 cups whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. In a large bowl whisk together all liquid ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, a little at a time whisking between each addition
5. Take a 13x 9 inch pan and pour the batter in and spread evenly. Place in the oven for 35-40 min or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove and top with whipped cream or caramel or whatever your favorite topping is.