After a while you start to make stuff up in your kitchen. You begin to think "Hey! move over food network chefs. I can out do you!" This of course is complete crap cause I don't have the proper training. However it doesn't stop us! In our house we went through a two week period where we had an abundance of Mango Salsa and we were all going through an avocado phase. I decided to marry the two and try making something interesting. The end result was pretty awesome!
1/4 cup of Mango Salsa
1 avocado cut in half length wise pit removed and the center slightly scooped out and half the peel off.
1/4 -1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste
*Any other spices like paprika, oregano, basil, etc... are optional*
1. Get a small fry pan and lid to fit and spray it with non stick spray.
2. heat the pan over medium heat for a few moments.
3. Crack the egg into the pan and begin to cook it.
4. Once you see a solid white around the yolk add the water so that it covers the bottom of the pan and the egg almost floats. DO NOT COVER THE EGG! add salt, pepper and spices if using.
5. Place the lid over the pan and let the egg cook for 1-2 min or until you can't see any runny yolk in the center.
6. add mango salsa on the top put the lid back on and cook for 45 seconds.
7. Carefully pick the egg up and place it in the hollowed out avocado and ENJOY!