7.11.2012

Avocado Salad with a Lime and Sesame Vinaigrette



In the summer I am not much for doing anything that increases heat in my already hot kitchen. I scour the internet, magazines, and books looking for anything that would allow me to not turn on my stove but still provide a great meal. This recipe also allows me to indulge in my love of avocados as well.

I found this recipe from a Good Housekeeping mag that my mom usually has lying around. I changed some things around as I do because sometimes I don't have everything in my kitchen. Though it says the vinaigrette is only good for three hours in the fridge, you can keep it for as long as you need. It doesn't go bad and actually after a few days the flavors get a bit stronger.


Ingredients
For the Dressing:
1 tbls sesame seeds
1/4 c fresh lime juice
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 tbls rice vinegar
1 tbls honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c vegetable oil

For the Salad:
4 c arugula leaves
1 c cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
3 ripe avocados
1 large or medium red or white onion sliced thin

Directions 
For Dressing:

1. Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and toast the sesame seeds on all sides for 3-5 min or until a light golden brown.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, cilantro leaves, sesame seeds, honey and vinegar. Add salt and pepper.
3. Take the oils and whisk them slowly in  with the rest of the ingredients. Then transfer  to an air tight container and put in fridge.

For Salad (in case you really need the directions for creating a salad.:
1. Arrange the arugula on the plate then add the tomatoes and avocado.
2. Take a little dressing on the salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this recipe!

Follow us by Email!