9.30.2012

Hot Apple Cider with Rum

A great drink to serve as it can sit on the stove and stay warm!
Its Apple Time! I love fall, it has to be my favorite time of year in New England because the leaves are starting to change, the air is crisper and I get to bring back my favorite fall foods. Goodbye cold summer foods and hello warm comfort foods! In particular I love anything the revolves around Apples. This cider recipe was so easy and fun to do that I made it for almost two weeks. Even if you don't finish it all in one night just throw it back in the jug and re warm it, it will taste great!

This recipe is one from Emeril Lagasse and I have added a few small changes. This drink can be made without alcohol and I add it after I pour the cider into a mug. This way you can let people control how much they want to put in.

Ingredients:
1 apple
1 orange
1 half gallon of no sugar added cider (locally made cider will be great for this!)
2 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp allspice
1/2 c light brown sugar (Not packed!)
Pinch of nutmeg (not too much!)
1 tsp cinnamon or 1 stick of cinnamon
Rum or Vodka (optional; can add later)

Directions:

  1. In a medium sauce pan empty the entire half gallon of cider into it and begin to heat on medium. 
  2. Pierce the apple with the whole cloves and place in the cider
  3. Slice the orange into thin slices and throw them in.
  4. Add all the spices and sugar.
  5. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 min.
  6. Keep on a low setting while you serve and add a shot of Rum or Vodka if you like!



Stacy as of 11/17/2012: I've been making it a lot thanks to this recipe. Mmmm, cidah!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this recipe!

Follow us by Email!