|A great drink to serve as it can sit on the stove and stay warm!|
This recipe is one from Emeril Lagasse and I have added a few small changes. This drink can be made without alcohol and I add it after I pour the cider into a mug. This way you can let people control how much they want to put in.
1 half gallon of no sugar added cider (locally made cider will be great for this!)
2 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp allspice
1/2 c light brown sugar (Not packed!)
Pinch of nutmeg (not too much!)
1 tsp cinnamon or 1 stick of cinnamon
Rum or Vodka (optional; can add later)
- In a medium sauce pan empty the entire half gallon of cider into it and begin to heat on medium.
- Pierce the apple with the whole cloves and place in the cider
- Slice the orange into thin slices and throw them in.
- Add all the spices and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 min.
- Keep on a low setting while you serve and add a shot of Rum or Vodka if you like!
Stacy as of 11/17/2012: I've been making it a lot thanks to this recipe. Mmmm, cidah!