|Hopefully a better pic to come soon! If we don't eat them all.|
Nothing says Summer like hamburgers on the grill and ice-pops in the summer heat. As I have gotten older, I have replace ice-pops with more flavorful summer treats. This was discovered last summer from a Boston Chocolate post on facebook. The original can be found here.
My family and friends LOVE these and we sized them down to make it a after dinner treat. You can do a number of things with the filling and if your not a huge mint fan, then you can make them with lemon extract and lemon cookies or what ever filling you like.
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 tbls sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
1 (8oz) tub of cool whip
12 Mint Oreo cookies crushed or chopped
Magic Shell syrup (optional)
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed until smooth and creamy. Be sure to stop in between and scrap the sides and bottom to ensure total mix.
- Add in the extracts and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in whipped topping in sections until fully incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in oreo cookies until combined.
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper cups or line a regular muffin tin with paper cups. Take a melon ball scooper or spoon and place good sized dollops in each cup.
- Press the mixture in gently to the bottom of the cups and add more mixture and press till you reach the top. It is ok if you go over. Basically you don't want any air pockets. A pastry bag works here too.
- Clear a space in your freezer and let the popsicles set completely, 3-6 hours.
- To eat, remove paper and dip in Magic Shell then eat and enjoy!
|Whatever was left. No, we aren't pretty.|
|Before the Freezer!|