I went through a period where I used lemon in EVERYTHING so much that I had a whole bag of lemons that I didn't know what to do with. This recipe is a compilation of many recipes I found online.
If you are not a fan of lemon you can reduce the amount of juice and zest but I find it is a nice flavor against the garlic.
3 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp minced parsley
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
Minced fresh parsley
8 oz uncooked pasta
1/4 c butter
2 small onions chopped
3-4 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 c cream (heavy or fat free half n half)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/4 c non fat greek yogurt
2 tbls lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix lemon peel, parsley and garlic. Mix with tomatoes and fresh parsley and set aside
- Begin cooking the pasta in heavily salted water. Drain and put back in pot. (If this step is finished before the sauce then add a little oil to it to keep the pasta from sticking.)
- In a medium sauce pan heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir for 2-3 min or until tender then add garlic and lemon zest and cook 1 min.
- stir in cream, salt pepper and yogurt. Bring to a gentle boil then remove from heat and add the Lemon juice. *this has to be added last so you don't curdle the cream.