6.18.2015

Lemon Ricotta Bowtie Pasta

Easy weeknight dish!


I am an avid lover and believer in the power of carbohydrates, they are tasty, and make my moods go from bad to.... not so bad (hey that is better than none!). It would be a sad day in my life if I ever get Celiacs disease. This recipe is REALLY easy to make and I had to switch out some things to make it more flavorful, garlic and basil were my adds because not everyone likes mint. Yet another winner from the blog smitten kitchen I found this very easy on my budget as well as an easy weeknight meal to throw together.

Ingredients
  • 2-4 cloves garlic minced
  • 1-2 lemons cut in half 
    • (you may need more depending on how many people you have over)
  • 1/2 lb bowtie pasta
  • 1/2 lb sugar snap peas 
    • (I buy the ones with the string removed because I am lazy) or use regular peas
  • Parmesan cheese (I like fresh grated but can use the processed here as well)
  • Olive oil
  • Pepper and Salt
  • Mint leaves/Basil Leaves/Sage Leaves.....basically any fresh herbs you can get.
  • Small 8, 12, or 16 oz tub of Ricotta Cheese 
    • (fresh is best but I live in an area where you either make it yourself or go with store bought)
Directions
  1. In a medium to large pot boil well-salted water. Add pasta and cook for two min less than the suggested cooking time.
  2. Add in the snap peas or peas and cook for 1 min more. Get one mug of pasta water and set aside.
  3. Drain pasta and peas
  4. In the pot drizzle then glug (like 2 tbls) of olive oil and let it heat up. Add garlic and heat on medium stirring occasionally for 1 min or so but DO NOT let it brown.
  5. Put the Pasta and peas back in, add a half the mug of pasta water and stir to coat. add more pasta water if necessary.
  6. Salt and Pepper to taste then let it sit warm for 5 min to absorb the garlic.
  7. Add Parmesan cheese (at least 1/2 cup) and stir.
  8. Spoon out onto plates, add dollops of ricotta cheese to your liking.
  9. Sprinkle fresh herbs on top. I like the mint and basil combination but you might like something different.
  10. Take one half lemon and squeeze some juice over your pasta. Stir and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this recipe!

Follow us by Email!