|Fits in one skillet for easy cooking and serving!|
Either way, I am BACK! I got this recipe from a little blog and it looked easy enough to try in my little galley kitchen.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in pieces or 4-6 chicken thighs
- Remove the skin and excess fat from thighs if that is what you will use.
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 oz.) package egg noodles
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 T. Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella (or whatever cheese you have around)
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken then add it to the skillet and cook through
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- If necessary drain some of the chicken fat but not all.
- Throw in the onions and sauté on medium high heat until softened.
- Add garlic and stir for one min.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, and heat until boiling.
- Add egg noodles, cook at least 2-3 min under package instructions.
- If you have excess broth drain some of it. When you add the tomatoes there will be enough liquid for the noodles to absorb. You don’t want mushy noodles.
- When noodles done, diced tomatoes with juice, crushed tomatoes, seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and top with mozzarella.
- Toss bread crumbs with seasoning, and sprinkle over cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil over bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.